March 10, 2009

The Quotes Game- Mystery



Want to participate? Click here to read how to play and to view past week's quotes topics. Remember, you can add quotes to any previous topic whenever you want to!


This week's topic is : MYSTERY

Quotes about a mystery or something mysterious; anomalies; quotes about clues; anything from the mystery of a murder to the mystery of who took the cookie from the cookie jar.

I will start this edition of the game by posting the first quote:

"The desire to explain the mystery of inspiration, to determine who or what is the 'moving cause' of art, resembles the impulse to find out a magician's secret. It's a childish, suspect desire, we fear the truth will spoil the fun. Doesn't the mystery add to our delight?" -The Lives of the Muses: Nine Women and the Artists They Inspired by Francine Prose


NOTE: Comments that include an appropriate quote this week will be entered into a random.org drawing and the winner will pick next week's topic! I will let you know you have won through e-mail so make sure I can reach you through your blog or by leaving your e-mail address with your quote.

1 comment:

  1. I have a new secret weapon for this game!!! HAHA! My Kindle allows me to search by a word to find parts of a book so now I don't have to rely on my poor memory! So, I searched for "mystery" in Wally Lamb's "The Hour I First Believed" and found this quote:

    "Is it [the Holy Spirit} a bird or is it as ghost?" I'd asked my mother. "God is a mystery," she'd say. As if that was a satisfactory answer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!