March 17, 2009

The Quote Game- with Jennifer from Find Your Next Book Here


Last week Jennifer from Find Your Next Book Here won the chance to select this week's topic for The Quote Game. Congratulations, Jennifer!

Here is what Jennifer had to say:

"I knew just what quote I want to use too -- it is from Isak Dinesen's Out of Africa, which captivated me in college. One of my favorite sections of the book is when she writes about getting letters from one of her houseboys who worked for her in Africa. Because he cannot write, he must travel to a letter writer and dictate what he wants to say. For some reason, this quote has always stayed with me -- especially the part "We think you shall never can forget us." I love when non-English speakers create a memorable sentence like this, and I like the sentiment. The quote is below and the topic for this Quote Game would be "Forgetting."

TOPIC: FORGETTING

And she starts us off by sharing the first quote:



"Write and tell us if you turn. We think you turn. Because why? We think that you shall never can forget us. Because why? We think that you remembered still all our faces and our mothers names."

Join us in playing The Quote Game this week!

Once again there will be a drawing and the winner will get to select the topic for next week's Quote Game! Leave a comment with your quote about forgetting and you will be entered to win!

Thanks to Jennifer for choosing such a great topic for this week! If you haven't visited her blog, Find Your Next Book Here, you absolutely need to! I love it!

5 comments:

  1. These lines are from a poem by Pablo Neruda entitled, If You Forget Me:

    "Well, now,
    if little by little you stop loving me
    I shall stop loving you little by little.

    If suddenly
    you forget me
    do not look for me,
    for I shall already have forgotten you."

    If you want to read the whole poem, it can be found online here:
    http://www.famouspoetsandpoems.com/poets/pablo_neruda/poems/15705

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning." -Psalms 137:5 from the Bible

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the poem! I'm going to have to read the whole thing. It was gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. “You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.” ~ The Road by Cormac McCarthy

    ~Mee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good quote, Mee! I have that exact thing happen all of the time. I guess to a certain extent we all do.

    Thanks for participating! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!