March 30, 2009

Musing Mondays 03-30-09

Monday Musings is hosted by Just One More Page. I haven't participated before, but I finally had something to say.

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about recording your reading…


Do you keep track of what and/or how many books you read? How long have you been doing this? What's your favorite tracking method, and why?If you don't keep track, why not? (question courtesy of Miz B)

I just so happen to be a compulsive list maker. I have lists for everything- particularly books. I have a whole folder on my laptop dedicated just to Lost in Books lists and my book collection and wishes lists. Seriously.

I keep track of how many books I read and what they are for each month of the year. I have a library list of every book I own, although it does need a bit of updating for March. Giving books away and bringing them in goes a lot quicker these days. I have lists of books I want to read, broken down by categories. You should see the master organizational list to try to keep up with all of my challenges! It is color-coded!

I have been keeping track of books for about 3 years now and of course just started the challenges lists since January when I began Lost in Books. I did not participate in challenges before then and actually had never read any book blogs!

I would be lost without my lists. I have A.D.D. and if I did not attempt to keep track of all of the books, I would never be able to tell you how many books I had read or even if I still had a book or if I had given it away or if I had only borrowed it from the library! Lists are essential, essential.

Even if sometimes I forget to look at them and do my own thing anyway. :)

3 comments:

  1. That's great that you are such an organized reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I'm a compulsive list maker, too. I have many many many book lists in my notebooks, and keep creating new ones. Usually they're for must reads, but as for the ones I've read, I only started keeping track since 2005. I list the title, author, and then favourite passages. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only started keeping a reading list after I started my blog. Now I'm almost compulsive about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!