March 23, 2009

Mailbox Monday 03-23-09

Hello! Welcome to Mailbox Monday which is hosted by The Printed Page. Here is what I received in my mailbox this week:

Matrimony by Joshua Henkin

(I feel so bad because I won this book but I forget who I won it from! Was it you? Please let me know and I will put your name here and a link to your blog! And forgive me for being totally absentminded!)


Octopussy, Dry Kidney, & Blue Spots: Dirty Themes from 18-19c Japanese Poems by Robin D. Gill

(I received a copy from LibraryThing Early Reviewers. The book is a lot heftier than I anticipated.)




Call Me Sonya Grey: A Young Girl's Poems about Death, Life, and Adolescence by Sonya Tupone Lloyd

(I received this from LibraryThing Early Reviewers or Member Giveaway, I forget which. Tribute Books sent it to me.)


What did you get in your mailbox this week? Post a link to your own Mailbox Monday post in the comments section!

NOTE: I just figured out who it was that I won Matrimony from. It was Lisa from Books on the Brain. Thank you very much, Lisa!

11 comments:

  1. Over the past few months, Matrimony has been really popular!! I hope you like it.

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have seen Matrimony everywhere, still haven't read it though, have fun :)

    Here is my Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I week of poetry, oh yes! Would love to hear about the selections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm probably the last person on the planet who doesn't have a copy of Matrimony. I am so far behind, Yow!
    My mailbox is Here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see your review on the Japanese poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice list. Enjoy.

    Kaye, I haven't read Matrimony yet - don't have a copy either : )

    My MM is up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate when I forget who I win books from! I really need a system.

    Great list of books...happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting books you've received this week! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Matrimony. Hope you enjoy all the new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Call Me Sonya Grey sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I reviewed Matrimony in October and enjoyed the book very much. I'm sure you will too. I see you enjoy poetry as well. I love Japanese poetry forms myself. My MM post is up:

    http://freshinkbooks.blogspot.com/2009/03/mailbox-monday_22.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!