March 9, 2009

Mailbox Monday 03-09-09


Hello, everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start! I am still trying to get settled in and I am waiting for my laptop to return. I took it to a Toshiba shop to try to get the hard drive repaired, or if life is truly cruel, a new hard drive altogether. My whole life is on that laptop because I had not yet learned my lesson on backing up my hard drive, always procrastinating about it. So posts will be scattered for at least another week. :( I am using my dad's laptop and I just cannot get used to it. I much prefer my own. This one is clunky and heavy and just does not want to cooperate with me. The power cord keeps popping out (my dad had it fixed 2x and it still does it). It won't cut and paste for Blogger even. What is that about? I need my cut and paste, people! So, needless to say, getting online is not easy right now. Thanks for your patience during all this craziness! :)

I have had some books come in from the mail the past, um, month I guess it has been? Hmm..

Nonfiction Books:
-Behind the Lines: Powerful and Revealing American and Foreign War Letters and One Man's Search to Find Them by Andrew Carroll (courtesy of BookMooch)
-Secret Daughter: A Mixed-Race Daughter and the Mother Who Gave Her Away: A Memoir by June Cross (sent to me for review)
-Rubies in the Orchard by Linda Resnick (sent to me for review)
-The Color of Water by James McBride (courtesy of BookMooch)

Fiction Books:
-The Italian Lover by Robert Hellenga (courtesy of a giveaway by Shelly at Write for a Reader)
-2nd Chance by James Patterson (courtesy of BookMooch for my mother to read, but I will be reading it once I finish 1st to Die I am sure, since JP is a favorite of mine)

On Its Way:
-What I Loved by Siri Hustvedt (courtesy of BookMooch)
-Before You Know Kindness by Chris Bohjalian (courtesy of BookMooch)
-That Went Well: Adventures in Caring for My Sister by Terrell Harris Dougan (courtesy of a giveaway by Jennifer at Find Your Next Book Here)

Yes, I love BookMooch. Here is a link to my inventory. As you know if you have BookMooch yourself, all the better ones are gone almost as soon as you post them. I have several romance novels that my older sister gave me to mooch and some westerns and such that my dad had left over that he was giving away, too, so there is a bit of a variety in that regard, fyi.
Also, I got four books from the library last week and I had bought several grief books from B&N two weeks or so ago, as well. Here are the library books I got:

Library Loot:
-The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
-Bella Tuscany by Frances Mayes
-Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas Sparks
-World Religions & Cults 101 by Bruce Bickel & Stan Jantz

4 comments:

  1. Our computers are so wonderful . . . when they work. I got Secret Daughter too. I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read and loved books by Siri Hustvedt and Chris Bohjalian, but not those you mention. I will get to them one of these days. And I'll watch for your thoughts on them. I love Bookmooch too. I've mooched 400 books in two years now and cleared my shelves of 300. Sorry about the computer being on the fritz, that is sooo frustrating. You'll be back into the swim of things soon. I've emailed you today, just letting you know to watch your junk box if you don't see it. Take are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, one good thing, Rebecca, is that a book's hard drive will never crash :) I hope you get your computer back soon, and in the meantime, Happy, Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great haul...I hope you get the computer issues fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!