February 9, 2009

Marvelous Mondays

Yes, Super Saturdays is now Marvelous Mondays! So I did not forget the weekly list of stand-out blog posts, I just moved it to a new day. And check out the stylish image for Marvelous Mondays created for me by Beth from Beth Fish Reads! She also has a terrific blog and I follow her so I don't miss anything!

So, drum roll please....

Now what you have all been waiting for (maybe), the winners of this week's Marvelous Monday post!


Three Great Reviews:

~A Novel Menagerie on Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster for the great way she was able to share how she related to the author.

~Eva from A Striped Armchair on My Mistress' Sparrow is Dead for her very honest thoughts she shared.

~Charley from Bending Bookshelf wrote a compelling review of Nip the Buds, Shoot the Kids by Japanese author Kenzaburo Oe.


Passionate Posting:


~Susan from The Book Chook discusses an alarming statistic she found about how often parents read to their children.

~Amanda from The Bell Jar knows how to write a rant! Check out what she's fired up about here and prepare to join her cause! :)


Interesting Idea: Get into Book Travels, courtesy of Books on the Brain. I think this may have to be a part of my Sunday Salons! (Which I forgot to do yesterday, oops!)

Great Post for a Weekly: Rebecca of The Book Lady's response to the Booking Through Thursday question is so in line with what I think and feel that she practically took the words right out of my mouth!

Funniest Post: Hands down goes to the new book version of Sir-Mix-a-Lot's "Baby Got Back" song, titled "I Like Big Books and I Cannot Lie". Absolutely hysterical.

Interview of the Week: American Bibliophile's Interview with Stephanie Meyers' about her new book, The Host.



3 comments:

  1. Glad you like your button. It looks great! And nice list of links. There are a several that I have check out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the button looks great! Great links too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    What a great book review you have in here. I wish I can used your review for my work but I for surely cannot. I need to finish at least reading 20 books per day. Uhuk2...
    See you around again my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!