February 25, 2009

Wondrous Words Wednesday #2


Wondrous Words Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Bermudaonion "where we share new (to us) words that we’ve encountered in our reading." Join in on the fun and expand your vocabulary! Here are the new words that I discovered this week, all from Stuffed: An Insider's Look at Who's Really Making America Fat by Hank Cardello-

1. ubiquitous- being or seeming to be everywhere at once; omnipresent
2. proclivity- natural or habitual inclination or tendency
3. extrapolate- to estimate (the value of a variable) outside the known or observed range

What new words did you learn this week?

3 comments:

  1. All of these are great words, but one of my favorites is ubiquitous!

    I posted mine as well on Savvy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're enjoying that book - it's in my stacks. I'll have to come back here when I read it. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Rebecca. I've got to start writing my words down as I find them so I can actually store these little treasures in my brain. I'm going to play this week and I'll happily post some wondorous words next week. I agree with Serena, ubiquitious is a great word. I love this!
    Have a Great Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!