February 24, 2009

Teaser Tuesday #2


Check out Teaser Tuesdays from Should Be Reading.

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read.Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

Please avoid spoilers!

My teasers this week come from the book Midwives by Chris Bohjalian:

"My mother said very little in the hours between when I returned home from school and when the state troopers arrived. Twice my mother asked me how school had been that day, but I knew neither time she heard my response."

Read more about Midwives here.

4 comments:

  1. Good teaser. Sounds like it might be a sad story, state troopers and zoned out mom....can't be a happy occasion.
    Have a great day, Rebecca:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not a cheery book, but it is not a particularly sad book either. It is about this family told through the eyes of the daughter, Connie. Her mom is a midwife and something goes wrong during a home birth. The book is about their journey through the aftermath and the outcome of the trial. Did she make an error in judgment? Are they remembering the details wrong? What really happened that night? It is pretty compelling, actually! Kelly, you might really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this one! It was quite good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!