February 26, 2009

The Sunday Salon: February Round-Up

I finally realized I could use my dad's laptop as a fill-in until I can (hopefully!) get my own laptop fixed. My sister and I figured out today that it was not the screen- it's the hard drive! The light for the hard drive is not coming on. I thought that when I hit the power button all I heard come on was the fan, but I was not sure. *Sigh* I hope this is under the warranty...

Here is the round-up for February books!

Books I finished reading this month:

1. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
2. On the Couch by Alisa Kwitney
3. Imagist Poetry: An Anthology
4. The Egypt Game by Zilpha Keatley Snyder
5. Midwives by Chris Bohjalian

Books I couldn't finish:

1. Stumbling on Happiness by Daniel Gilbert


And the always lengthy list of books put on my TBR list:

1. Hush: An Irish Princess' Tale by Donna Jo Napoli
Found @ Library Queue

2. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Found @ Bart's Bookshelf

3. Swallows of Kabul by Yasmine Khadra
Found @ Reading Room

4. Mr. and Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy: Two Shall Become One by Lathan
Found @ Savvy Verse & Wit

5. Nightjohn by Gary Paulsen
Found @ Maw Books Blog

6. Artichoke's Heart by Suzanne Supplee
Found @ Look at That Book


7. The Pre-nup by Beth Kendrick
Found @ A Novel Menagerie

8. All Other Nights by Dana Horn
Found @ Fresh Ink Books

9. May and Amy: A True Story of Family, Forbidden Love, and the Secret Lives of May Gaskell and her Daughter Amy, and Sir Edward Burne-Jones by ?
Found @ A Work in Progress


10. Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez and Kristin Ohlson
Found @ Lesley's Book Nook

11. Signed, Mata Hari by Yannick Murphy
Found @ Literary Menagerie

12. A Father's Affair by Karel Van Loon
Found @ Fresh Ink Books

13. The Mistress' Daughter by A.M. Holmes
Found @ Aspiring Writer

14. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
Found @ Pudgy Penguin Perusals

15. Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain by Oliver Sacks
Found @ Reading Room


16. What I Loved by Siri Hustvedt
Found @ Fluttering Butterflies

17. The Triumph of Deborah by Eva Etzioni-Halevy
Found @ A Novel Menagerie

18. Irreplaceable by Stephen Lovely
Found @ Books and Needlepoint

19. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
Found @ Book Addiction

20. While My Sister Sleeps by Barbara Delinsky
Found @ Marta's Meanderings

21. Midori by Moonlight by Wendy Nelson Tokunaga
Found @ A Reader's Journal

22. Stargazing: Memoirs of a Young Lighthouse Keeper by Peter Hill
Found @ Between the Covers

23. Uglies by Scott Westerfield
Found @ Books and Needlepoint

24. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
Found @ Books on the Brain

25. The Sonnets by Warwick Collins
Found @ Devourer of Books

26. Weedflower by Cynthia Kadohata
Found @ The Book Drop

27. Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz
Found @ Look at That Book

28. That Went Well by Terrell Harris Dougan
Found @ Bermudaonion and @ Find Your Next Book Here

29. The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
Found @ The Book Book

30. The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner
Found @ Recommendation by Mike on SU

31. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
Found @ All Things Considered on NPR

32.The Only True Genius in the Family by Jennie Nash
Found @ Amazon.com


33. Sugar of the Crop: My Journey to Find the Children of Slaves by Sana Butler
Found @ Amazon.com Recommendations

1 comment:

  1. At least the hard drive on your laptop can be replaced - I hope it doesn't cost too much. My wish list is growing almost as fast as yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!