February 16, 2009

Marvelous Mondays

Marvelous Mondays are where I highlight stand-out blog posts from the past week. Some are reviews, some are good posts for a weekly, and there is always an Interview of the Week. To be fair, I did not get to read all of my favorite blogs this week in full, so I may have missed something amazing that I will find later. If so, I will be sure to post it next Monday. Let's check out who this week's winners were:

Three Great Reviews:
~Natasha of Maw Books wrote a terrific review for Barack Obama: Son of Promise, Child of Hope by Nikki Grime for Black History Month.
~Mrs. B of The Insatiable Reader reviewed the children's book Everywhere Babies by Susan Meyers. I loved reading this to my pre-k students.
~Beth Fish Reads sings the praises of The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly. A thriller on audiobook? Creepy! :)

Passionate Post:
~Chris at Book-a-Rama raises thought-provoking questions: Do some books get too much exposure on blogs? Are you tired of seeing the same books getting reviewed on multiple blogs? Go to her site and put in your two cents. You can see my opinion on it in the comments section, as well.

Great Post for a Weekly:
~Rebecca of The Book Lady's Blog Googles our shared name for the Weekly Geeks post. I am not sure how I feel about the definition, either.

Book-Adoring Posts:
~Book Maven's List Post: Type A, Anyone? I am not Type A, myself, but I do love lists! And a bookish list? Even better!
~Between the Covers' 26 Neologisms for Booklovers. While I love all of them, my personal favorite is Lost in Quotations.

Interview of the Week:
~Jenners from Find Your Next Book Here for her interview with Efrem Sigel, Author of The Disappearance. It was a great interview, and it was her first! Off to a great start!

Don't forget that tomorrow is a new edition of The Quote Game! Be sure to play!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for having this each week. Its much more convenient than having to slog through them on my own. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super duper link-up post. (And thanks for shout-out!)

    I'm not sure how I missed the Neologisms. They were totally awesome. And I also missed the Type A post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow! Thanks for highlighting me! I love reading these types of weekly link posts because it is so hard to make it to all the great book blogs out there! Thanks for the shout-out and I gave you an award here:

    http://findyournextbookhere.blogspot.com/2009/02/kindle-2-and-big-thank-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Link love! Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!