February 20, 2009

Friday Finds 02-20-09

This week I found seven books for the TBR list. That's right, 7! You guys are killing me! ;) In the nicest way, possible, of course. Here are my finds:

Book- Kabul Beauty School: An American Woman Goes Behind the Veil by Deborah Rodriguez and Kristin Ohlson
Found@ Lesley's Book Nook

Book- Signed, Mata Hari
Found @ Literary Menagerie

Book- A Father's Affair by Karel Van Loon
Found @ Fresh Ink Books
(Note: Not what you think it's about looking at the title.)

Book- The Mistress' Daughter by A.M. Holmes
Found @ Aspiring Writer
(Note: I have always been fascinated with adoption and a big advocate for it. Furthermore, I am always interested to know the viewpoints and experiences of those who have been there. This memoir certainly qualifies.)

Book- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
Found @ Pudgy Penguin Perusals

Book- Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain by Oliver Sacks
Found @ Reading Room

Book- Sugar of the Crop: My Journey to Find the Children of Slaves by Sana Butler
Found @ Amazon.com Recommendations
(Note: To be fair, this one will probably sit on my TBR list for a while because the back story is Butler dealing with her father, who is dying of cancer. Hits a little too close to home right now. But I am still interested in this book and will read it at some point.)

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you found some good ones this week - especially The Mistress' Daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I keep finding these great books to read faster than I could possibly begin to read. Since beginning to blog in January, my TBR pile has tripled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I've saved a few of them in my huge TBR pile :)
    I have 3 sisters, one of them adopted so The Mistress' Daughter sounds interesting to me.
    Thanks for the great list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!