February 26, 2009

Bookish Links for Thursday, Feb. 26

1. Agatha Christie's vacation home in England is opening its doors to the public for the first time this Saturday.

2. Moms of fallen U.S. soldiers discuss the media ban on their arrival back home. Some are opposed to the ban, while others are opposed to lifting the ban because of "a negative experience" she had with the media.

3. I just saw that a few weeks ago Penguin Books in the UK blogged about How to Sell Books in a Recession, citing how they got their start during the Great Depression of the 1930s. I say they qualify to give advice, don't you?

4. Seventy-one of Danielle Steel's novels have now been made available digitally.

5. On this day in 1956 Sylvia Plath wrote in her journal about her first meeting with Ted Hughes.

6. To humor you, here is a list I found on Amazon.co.uk of "Unfortunately named authors". I tend to agree. Do you know any others?

7. A post about Marilyn Monroe reading Ulysses. Interesting!

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to check out # 6 Thanks for stopping by to read my review of Unpolished Gem. I will be most interested to see what your reaction is to the last 1/4 of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #6 is hilarious. Working in a library means that I've seen my share of books by unfortunately named authors. For example, "The Freud Reader" edited by Peter Gay and "A History of Sexuality" by Harry Cocks.
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to check out #6 -- isn't that what pen names are for!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!