February 22, 2009

Bookish Links for Sunday, Feb. 22

1. In case you did not know about it, there is a site called World Cat that you can use to find specific items in libraries near you.

2. If you or your son or daughter are in 11th or 12th grade in the U.S., the 13th Annual Signet Classics Student Scholarship Essay Contest is running until April 22, 2009. Five students will win a check in the amount of one thousand dollars to be used toward tuition and/or expenses related to their higher education. They will also receive a Signets Classic Library for their school library, or public library if they are home-schooled. I did not know they did this or I would have been all over this ten years ago.

3. Want to know more about what President Barack Obama reads? This blogger from Old Musty Books has gathered some articles pertaining to the chief's library.

4. This week's Booking Through Thursday was about how you organize your bookshelves. This design blog has a post on organizing your shelves by color with some very interesting photographs.

4 comments:

  1. I'm still happily blown away by the fact that we have a president who actually enjoys reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the books by color photos!

    I also love World Cat and use it almost every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to know the President is reading! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you all enjoyed the links! I believe Bush read, as well, but (in my personal opinion) probably not books I would like for him to be reading. I doubt he read anything that had a different opinion from his own, or anything culturally diverse. And probably nothing too historical, I imagine.
    But that is just my opinion, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!