February 24, 2009

Bookish Links for Monday, Feb. 23

1. Condoleezza Rice Scores 3-Book Deal with Crown Publishers.
2. Arabic Novelist Tayeb Salih died in London at age 80. Salih's works are said to have re-defined East and West relationships.
3. You will never be able to guess how much this book from Amazon, available on Kindle, costs. Never. Go ahead. Try. Then go to this page and see the real cost.
4. The Library of Congress has now digitized 25,000 books that are online for anyone to read and download. I hope they are keeping hard copies of the oldest, rarest books.
5. Ang Lee is said to be negotiating to direct Life of Pi. Previous directors linked to the project include M. Night Shyamalan and Jean-Pierre Jeunet.

1 comment:

  1. That was so funny about the Kindle book! And it was marked down! I hope I don't "accidentally" download this when my Kindle 2 arrives --- TODAY IS THE DAY!

    And if anyone can do Life of Pi, I think it would be Ang Lee!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!