February 21, 2009

2009 Classics Challenge

Because I am apparently a masochist, I have signed up for Trish's 2009 Classics Challenge. Oy vey.

BUT, in all fairness, I have wanted to do a classics challenge since I began this blog. The contest runs from April 1-October 31.

I choose the Classics Feast of 6 because I am already reading this many for other challenges I am in (overlaps are allowed, thank goodness). Then I am going to go for the Bonus Book of a "New Classic", too, I am sure.

So, here I am in another challenge. At this point, what's one more, right?

My Choices:
1. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

2. A Passage to India by E.M. Forster (August 2009)

3. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

4. The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli

5. A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway

6. Mansfield Park or Emma by Jane Austen

7. Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau

6 comments:

  1. Brothers K? Thoreau? You are a masochist! :) I'm glad you're joining us--and 6 classics in 7 months isn't complete torture. Right? Guess we're all a little crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices. You are going to be busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ambitious list! I am just going to be snacking. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Good luck to you all too. Hopefully I won't become overstuffed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. #3 would be the only thing that might overstuff you! ;) haha

    Good list, how are you liking Wilkie? (Is it me or is that just a funny name for a not so funny man? haha Sorry! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love Crime and Punishment- it's probably my favorite book of all time. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!