February 13, 2009

100 Shots of Short- Story #9


This is a short story found online at Fifty-Two Stories.

STORY #9 - Beauty Stolen From Another World by Louise Erdrich
DATE: February 13, 2009
RATING: So-so (2 stars)
QUOTE: "It was the bathtub that seduced me into staying."

This has to be one of the strangest short stories I have ever read. It is a bizarre love story that involves two doctors and a lot of various interjections of physiological symptoms that affect people who are in love. It was not what I expected at all and this time I did not warm up to the story line. I find it an interesting selection. I wonder why they chose this story.

Have you read this story? What did you think? Any insights?

1 comment:

  1. Never saw this site ... how cool. I'll have to check it out ... but maybe not this story!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!