February 5, 2009

100 Shots of Short- Story #8


STORY #8- The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe
DATE- February 5, 2009
RATING- Mmm...That's Good (but I must say remarkably like his story The Black Cat. I had to check to make sure I had not read this story before!)
QUOTE- "One of his eyes resembled that of a vulture--a pale blue eye, with a film over it. Whenever it fell upon me, my blood ran cold; and so by degrees--very gradually--I made up my mind to take the life of the old man, and thus rid myself of the eye forever."

5 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca. I love this story. My fifth grade teacher read it to our class exciting us all to Edgar Allen Poe! I was lucky to have such a great fifth grade teacher :)
    Have you ever read "The Short Stories of Saki" ...Those are really, really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Poe, too. I used to have the first 1/3 of The Raven memorized back in high school. I have not read The Short Stories of Saki. I will have to check that out. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed this one Rebecca. It's one that makes my own heart almost pound out of my chest. If you ever get the chance to see Steven Berkoff's stage performance of this story then I highly recommend it. Absolutely captivating!

    http://www.stevenberkoff.com/

    Warmest
    Rob of RobAroundBooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you ever finish Life of Pi yet? I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion. I loved it so much and I'm wondering if you enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob- Thanks for the recommendation! I will check that out!

    Chic- I am almost finished! Only about 30 pages to go. I know, I read slowly because I am always reading more than one book at a time. I can't seem to read just one! But the book is darn good. I am excited to see how it ends!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!