January 5, 2009

What I Read in 2008

I really got into Self-Improvement books in 2008. I got diagnosed with A.D.D., my fibromyalgia symptoms kept flaring up, and features of a personality disorder I had in college crept back in, so I was on the prowl for ways to get myself back together again. In addition, I was reading other self-help books that I thought might give me any insight into myself or the kids I worked with as a teacher. I also got into some new authors, as well as found a new favorite book (Eat, Pray, Love). It was a good year of reading. :)

I won't be writing reviews on all of the self-improvement books I read, simply because they are generally for a more specific audience. If when I am done with writing the reviews and you don't see one on a self-improvement book that you would like to know more about, please feel free to leave a comment or contact me. :)

Without further ado, the books I read in 2008 (in no particular order):

1. Enchantment: The Life of Audrey Hepburn by Donald Spoto
2. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
3. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Wells
4. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
5. The Virgin's Knot by Holly Payne
6. The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
7. Ceremony by Robert Parker
8. When the Wind Blows by James Patterson
9. The Lake House by James Patterson
10. Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
11. The Kitchen Boy: A Novel of the Last Tsar by Robert Alexander
12. When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops by George Carlin
13. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
14. The Girls Who Went Away by Ann Fessler
15. Outgrowing the Pain: A Book for and about Adults Abused as Children by Eliana Gil
16. The First Year: Fibromyalgia: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed by Claudia Craig Marek
17. Fibromyalgia: Simple Relief Through Movement by Stacie L. Bigelow
18. The ADHD Book of Lists by Sandra F. Rief
19. The Truth Will Set You Free: Overcoming Emotional Blindness and Finding Your True Self by Alice Miller
20. A.D.D. & Romance: Finding Fulfillment in Love, Sex, & Relationships by Jonathan Scott Halverstadt
21. Attention Deficit Disorder: Practical Coping Methods by Barbara C. Fisher and Ross A. Beckley
22. Attention Deficit Disorders by Dale R. Jordan
23. Borderline Personality Disorder Demystified by Robert O. Friedel
24. The BPD Survival Guide by Alexander L. Chapman and Kim L. Gratz
25. Eating, Drinking, and Overeating by Susan Nolen-Hoeksema
26. Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain: A Survival Manuel, 2nd Edition by Devin Starlanyl and Mary Ellen Copeland
27. Do You Know the Real You? More than 66 Ways to Understand Your Personality by Claire Gordon
28. Anger: Handling a Powerful Emotion in a Healthy Way by Gary Chapman
29. Notes on Love and Courage by Hugh Prather
30. Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books by Azar Nafisi
31. Sex with Kings: 500 Years of Adultery, Power, Rivalry, and Revenge by Eleanor Herman
32. Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!