January 10, 2009

Surfing Saturdays

Meg over at Literary Menagerie is hosting Surfing Saturdays:

"Each Saturday morning, I list any links of interest I came across during the past week of surfing and give an update on my reading progress. Play along with me! You can add your own post to Mr. Linky or simply list your finds in the comment section!"

So, I am joining her and posting my links of interest related to the book world that I have found during the week. Here is what I would like to share with you this week:

~Those of you who have been in the book sharing world for a while may know of this site already, but I discovered Reading Group Choices, which suggests books that are well-suited for discussions in your book clubs and reading groups. They even give you several conversation starters for each selected book.

~Forgotten Books is a website dedicated to the free online viewing of complete works, specifically historical writings and sacred texts, although you can also find Northanger Abbey. There are literally thousands of them on the site. Some suggestions on where to start? Try Australian Legends by Charles William Peck, The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin, or Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse.

~Here is a plethora of reading quotes that you may enjoy.

~The New Release book I think looks like it could be an entertaining read: Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you playing along with Surfing Saturdays! I saw a video promo for Such a Pretty Fat somewhere today that was pretty funny in and of itself! I don't remember where it was that I watched it, although it is probably on You Tube

    Happy Reading (and Surfing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I read some blurbs from the book and thought it was quite funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!