February 1, 2009

Super Saturday #3

This is Super Saturday where I list the best book blogging posts I have read this week. There are some talented writers and reviewers out in the book blogosphere and I want to make sure they are recognized for it!
(NOTE: Sorry so late! Had some crazy things happen this evening, including leaking pipes, a broken bed, and my mother falling down in the garage (she's okay). Whew, I am glad this day is over! Now, on to the post!)

BLOG: worducopia
POST DATE: Wed., Jan. 28
POST TITLE: The School of Essential Ingredients- Erica Bauermeister (book review)
REASON: The first review of this book that actually made me interested in it. If you can get someone like me interested in a book about cooking, you have to have your props!

BLOG: The Sleepy Reader
POST DATE: Sun., Jan. 25
POST TITLE: The Sunday Salon
REASON: Because I love her phrase, "multi-booking", for reading more than one book at a time!

BLOG: Po(sey) Sessions
POST DATE: Thurs., Jan. 29
POST TITLE: Linda Thieman Interview
REASON: Very interesting interview, especially the parts about Thieman's childhood memories. I really enjoy reading Megan's interviews.

BLOG: A Reader's Respite
POST DATE: Wed., Jan. 28
POST TITLE: Classics, Perceptions and the Passage of Time
REASON: This made me laugh and was well-written.

BLOG: Literary Menagerie
POST DATE: Mon., Jan. 26
POST TITLE: What Marks Your Book?
REASON: This thoughtful post sparked interesting comments. I mark my own books with these small magnetic markers I bought in a used book store in South Carolina. But before I got those, when I ran out of bookmarks, I used pieces of paper, parking passes from the doctor's office, pencils, just about anything. Go to Meg's post and tell of your own bookmarks.

BLOG: The Book Chook
POST DATE: Sat., Jan. 24
POST TITLE: Can Books Be Our Friends?
REASON: I really enjoyed this thoughtful and insightful post on helping children love books.

BLOG: Diary of an Eccentric
POST DATE: Fri., Jan. 30
POST TITLE: The Sinner's Guide to Confession by Phyllis Schieber (book review)
REASON: I enjoyed the review of this book (and found another book for my TBR pile) and I liked the combination of it with the interview of the author.

Be sure to sign up to follow this blog so you will be the first to know when next week's Super Saturday post is up! :)
Have a post you think I'd especially enjoy? Send it to me!

8 comments:

  1. Nice list of links -- and a couple were new to me. Thanks! I'll be spending some time this week taking a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed that post about books being our friends, Rebecca. There's great stuff going on here at your blog, and I will be back for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great links! I enjoyed reading these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I am happy that you enjoyed this post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just above comments here, your blog says "Have a post you think I'd especially enjoy? Send it to me!"

    How do we send it? I cannot find your email.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the other day (or maybe it was yesterday) Kaye pointed this out to me and you can now e-mail me from my blogger profile. That should make it easier to send it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!