January 24, 2009

Super Saturday #2


This is the second installment of a new feature on my blog called Super Saturday where I list the best book blogging posts I have read this week. There are some talented writers and reviewers out in the book blogosphere and I want to make sure they are recognized for it!

BLOG: Dolce Bellezza
POST TITLE: A Stiff Upper Lip May Become a Smile
POST DATE: Thurs., Jan. 22
REASON: It is refreshing whenever I come across someone with differing political views as me who also recognizes the need for hope and unity. This post was thoughtful and honest and beautifully written.

BLOG: books i done read
POST TITLE: The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett- Book Review
POST DATE: Fri., Jan. 23
REASON: Hysterical review. 5 stars. :)

BLOG: Literary Menagerie
POST TITLE: The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga- Book Review
POST DATE: Mon., Jan. 19
REASON: It was a well-written review that also made me laugh.

BLOG: Between the Covers
POST TITLE: Teaser Tuesdays
POST DATE: Tues., Jan. 20
REASON: The teaser is from Pride & Prejudice, one of my favorite books. How can I not add this post???

BLOG: Beth Fish Reads
POST TITLE: Weekly Link Round-Up
POST DATE: Sat., Jan. 24
REASON: It is a lot like Super Saturdays. Love it!

BLOG: Lynda's Book Blog
POST TITLE: Love and Friendship by Jane Austen- Book Review
POST DATE: Sat., Jan. 24
REASON: She introduced me to a new Jane Austen novel I had not heard of yet and wrote a lovely review of it.

Honorable Mention (because it was written last week but I only read it this week and loved it too much to say no. Hey, it's my meme and I can break the rules if I want to. Haha :) )
BLOG: Po(sey) Sessions
POST TITLE: Maria Murnane Interview
POST DATE: Wed., Jan. 14
REASON: It was a delight to read this interview and I never knew of the author previously. My favorite question was the one that mortified Megan the most. :)

Be sure to sign up to Follow this Blog or get the RSS feed so you will be the first to know when next week's Super Saturday post is up! :)

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea, to give a shout out of bloggers who touched or tickled you. I'll have to follow up on a couple of these, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of you to mention my post. I'm really glad that it was well received by those who read it; I truly believe we need to be positive and hopeful in all things. I like your idea for this meme, and thanks for exposing us to blogs we may not be familiar with. You must read a lot of them, which is good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Sandra and Bellezza! I do read quite a few blogs (as I am sure you see from my blogroll!) and I believe it is important to share what we have learned, or a funny post, or a great book review with others so we can all expand our horizons! Hopefully I can bring good blogs and posts to readers, but also bring good readers to bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made my saturday shiny and new!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Thanks for listing me! And please come on over and pick up an award:
    http://bfishreads.blogspot.com/2009/01/award_26.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!