January 11, 2009

Spiritually Speaking Challenge

Reading Extravaganza is hosting the Spiritually Speaking Challenge.
Here are the rules as laid out on the challenge post:


1. Read 6 books from January 31st, 2009 to June 30th, 2009.
2. The main theme of all the titles you choose must be spiritual, metaphysical or self-help.
3. The books can be both fiction & non-fiction.
4. You don't have to have a blog to participate* (read up for a small amendment)
5. A new copy of 'Happiness is a Choice' by Barry Neil Kaufman will be raffled away at the end of the challenge among the participants.


I joined this challenge because I already read so many books just like this, so why not make it into a challenge and get the satisfaction of achieving a goal for it? Sounds completely logical to me. :)

So, the book I just read, The Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu is out because I read it before the challenge begins on January 31st. So 6 new ones will be chosen. So many choices!

I will keep up with my progress here and post my reviews here.

I have come up with a tentative list of the books I might select for this challenge and I listed them below:

1. Become a Person of Influence by Gordon A. MacFarlane (March 2009)
2. Coffee with the Buddha by Joan Duncan (May 2009)
3. Simple Taoism by C. Alexander Simpkins and Annellen Simpkins (June 2009)
4. In the Heart of the World by Mother Teresa (May 2009)
5. 100 Names of Mary: Stories and Prayers by Anthony F. Chiffolo (April 2009)
6. Deeper Than Tears: Promises of Comfort and Hope (March 2009)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca,
    thanks for signing up. I'm glad I got to visit your blog this way because it's really, really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Mark! Thank you for visiting and know you are always welcome here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!