January 4, 2009

Centuries Challenge

Becky at Becky's Book Reviews is hosting this challenge. You have until the end of 2009 to read 4 to 6 books in at least 4 different centuries (meaning you can double up if you want for books 5 and 6). The centuries do not have to be consecutive, like the decades challenge. They do not have to be a certain type of book, but poetry and short stories should be part of a collection. Overlaps with other challenges are fine (love it!) This is where I will track my progress. Once I have completed a book, I will write a short snippet review and put the link here. Book titles without links means they are the books I am planning on reading for the challenge.

1. 9TH CENTURY: Tale of Genji (widely considered to be the world's first novel)
2. 19TH CENTURY: Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau
3. 20TH CENTURY: My Antonia by Willa Cather (March 2009)
4. 21ST CENTURY: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (Jan. 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!