January 6, 2009

BOOK REVIEW: When the Wind Blows by James Patterson



This is probably my favorite fantasy book I have ever read. Patterson breathes a breath of fresh air into a fantasy mystery book about a vet named Frannie who retreats to Colorado after the death of her husband. One day she comes across something unusual in the woods and sees a young girl. Only the young girl had her arms bent back in an unusual way and "when she lifted them--feathers fanned out." The girl's name is Max. Frannie and her new tenant, Kit Harrison, earn Max's trust and discover a huge conspiracy involving secret genetic research in a lab in these mountains. Only Max is not the only victim.

I am not a big reader of fantasy books, but this one had me hooked. I even read the sequel, The Lake House, which I also recommend. The tale has one crazy turn after another that keeps you on your toes until the end. It kind of stops abruptly in the end, but then again, it is what made me go out and get the sequel. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!