January 13, 2009

Book Buddy Blogger Challenge

This challenge is being hosted by Bookworm's Dinner and is called the Book Buddy Blogger Challenge!

"The challenge will run all of 2009. You will be required to read 5 books from a list of 10 that are recommended by a book blogger buddy. The books should be from their list of best books from 2008. It's that easy. Then let us know what you think of your friend's choices. Do you agree or disagree and why?"

Oh how I will ever choose which books is beyond me right now! So many great recommendations!

The books on this list are books that I had not yet considered before reading about them on these blogs. So while The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins was recommended, I can't choose it because it was already on my list when I saw the recommendation.


1. Sublime Simplicity by Alice Munro (A Life in Books)

2. The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler (Bending Bookshelf)

3. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver (BiblioAddict)

4. Ten Poems to Change Your Life by Roger Housden (The Chic Geek)

5. The Life of Pi by Yann Martel (I can't remember where I first saw this recommendation because it is everywhere! How can I not try it?)

6. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (Trish's Reading Nook)

7. The Sea by John Banville (Lakeside Musing)


Now, I know there are more out there- even that I have commented on! But a lot seem to be from 2009 already. So, if you want to recommend to me, or remind me of, please leave me a comment!!

5 comments:

  1. OH, this is GOOD! I actually started a personal challenge to read many of a fave book blogger's favorites and now I can roll it up into this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm so glad you've chosen Ten Poems to Change Your Life by Roger Housden! His analysis is so great and the poems are marvelous. I think you will enjoy them :)
    Can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bk- Yes, I have been looking for a good excuse to look into others' recommendations, too! I am trying not to just add on books, so challenges are a good excuse!:)

    Chic- I have been very interested in Housden's book ever since I read that poem on your site! I will let you know as soon as I get my hands on a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Woman in White is on my tbr list this year, too. My favorites from 2008 are in this wrap- up post:

    http://lakesidemusing.blogspot.com/2008/12/2008-wrap-up.html

    There is both fiction and non-fiction, and even a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, JoAnn! I will give the list a look! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Leave a comment and share your thoughts with me!