I haven't updated these goals on here in a month. It was getting kind of tedious to do it weekly and I figured you guys might get tired of it so often as well. So here is what I have accomplished since the beginning of February:
What I'm Reading:
Books Completed: Why We Write by Meredith Maran, The Pain Survival Guide by Dennis C. Turk, The Grip of God by Rebecca Hazell, Stillwater by Nicole Helget, Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (re-read), Half Bad by Sally Green, The Monsters in My Closet by Ruby Urlocker, Dark Bayou by Nancy K. Duplechain, Fashion in the Era of Jane Austen by Jody Gayle, Meant to Be (Saving Angels #1) by Tiffany King
Books Currently Reading: Cinder by Marissa Meyer, Shanghai Girls by Lisa See, Forgotten Souls (Saving Angels #2) by Tiffany King, The Queen of Tearling by Erika Johansen, Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs, Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert, and Spirituality for Dummies by Sharon Janis
Books on Tap for March: The Waking Engine by David Edison, Fates by Lanie Bross, Dark Eden by Chris Beckett
What I've Been Listening to:
1. Dark Horse by Katy Perry
2. Team by Lorde
3. I Choose You by Sara Bareilles
4. Mushaboom by Feist
5. When You Get to Asheville by Steve Martin & Edie Brickell
6. Paris 2012 by La Femme
7. Back from the Dead by Skylar Grey, Big Sean, & Travis Barker
8. St. James' Infirmary by Hugh Laurie
9. Come With Me Now by KONGOS
10. Here's to Us by Halestorm
What I've Been Watching:
1. Being Human
2. Lost Girl
3. The Tonight Show by Jimmy Fallon - anyone else LOVING this show?
4. The Oscars
Resolutions Updates: (see my resolutions in full here)
1. Bookish: I've read a total of 22 books so far this year, so great progress! According to my Goodreads Widget, I am 9 books ahead of schedule to read 75 this year. Woot! As far as reading more from my TBR than review books, I am still barely making this resolution. But definitely did not stick to my one review book a month goal this month and I won't for March either. I am sticking to my goal to DNF any book I am just not into, though. This month that was Sin by Sharron Riddle.
2. Creative: Heather got me into Zentangles and I kind of love them. They are relaxing and fun. I also got a bunch of cool vintage paper from a friend (also named Heather) to make cool stuff for my art journal, as well. Can't wait! Let's see, I also wrote a few poems. They all sucked. But, hey, I'm writing.
|Vintage Paper and Books from my friend, Heather. |
I can't wait to play around with these!
3. Health: I am still in Physical Therapy, but making a lot of progress. I got the results of my X-rays and it shows severe arthritis in my spine and collapsed vertebrae in my lower back. My doctor has recommended severing the nerves that go to the 4 joints on either side of my back for L4/L5/S1 areas. First, though, to appease the insurance company, I have to get these nerves numbed, which lasts for a few hours, and record how I feel every hour on the hour. I have to do this twice. Then if it shows enough improvement, I can get the nerves killed. Once killed (severed) they will take 9 months to a year to grow back. In the meantime I can get stronger and hopefully feel a significant loss in pain. I am scared to get my hopes up but it sounds like the best thing to happen in a while.
4. Self-Education: Both my Spanish and my meditation have improved a lot! I can meditate for 4 minutes no problem, sometimes I can get to 5 minutes. A friend of mine, Krista, who is from Chile and thus a native speaker, has been helping me with my Spanish so I can go beyond pleasantries and things you talk about in a pre-kindergarten classroom, which is where I am at right now lol. I took a semester of Spanish in grad school but I remember next to none of it.
|Pablo Neruda in Spanish and English|
*Photo by Curiouser & Curiouser
5. Relationships: February was kind of an up and down month. Got closer with some friends, grew apart from one, and one I can't seem to get in touch with, though I am not worried because she's one of my oldest friends and when she can she will get back to me. My bf, John, and I are doing well and I am excited that next month will make 5 years since our first date. I can't believe it's been that long!
6: Random Resolutions: I've cooked meals, though I need to branch out a little more. I spent a little time in the park that one day when NC was 70 degrees, otherwise it's been far too cold for me. I need to work harder on trying 7 new things!
What have you been up to this week? What have you been reading/listening to/watching? Share in the comments! I'd love to know. :)